This blog is about crossing cultures, Christian ministry, music, Biblical studies, fatherhood, leading worship, books, movies, and stuff like that. It's generally NOT about electronic gadgets, politics, philosophy, sports, etc. Not that I necessarily have a problem with those things.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Leading worship: disclaimer

I am, among other things, a worship leader. That means I get the opportunity of leading the gathered Church in the worship of her Creator and Redeemer. And in my church circles, that almost always means through music, though many would (rightly) lament the fact that "worship" has come to be synonimous with "singing"--more on that in a future post.

Though that's an unspeakably wonderful privilege, it's also a sobering responsibility. I love Jesus Christ, and I love his Church, and so I have some strong feelings about worship in the Church in America. So that's a topic I'll be posting on frequently. If you're interested in worship leading, first go and read everything at Bob Kauflin's blog before you waste any time on what I have to say. Bob has much more valuable input than mine, and it's always expressed so well and with such grace that you can actually learn alot just from observing his manner. Before he dives into some topic regarding worship leading, he'll first talk to you about the gospel, and in that way he'll lead you to worship before he's even started dealing with worship leading. I have tremendous respect for the man, and I have benefitted greatly from what he has offered just in the few months he's had a blog.