This blog is about crossing cultures, Christian ministry, music, Biblical studies, fatherhood, leading worship, books, movies, and stuff like that. It's generally NOT about electronic gadgets, politics, philosophy, sports, etc. Not that I necessarily have a problem with those things.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Speaking of acoustic guitars...

People are always asking me what kind of guitar they should buy. Of course, the general answer is that you get what you pay for, although ocassionally a cheaper guitar might sound better than it's price might indicate (and vice versa). But I have been in some stores and played a few of these Epiphone Masterbuilt acoustics, and they sound better than their price range. Musician's Friend is having a clearance on them right now, which I guess either means Epiphone is no longer making them or that Musician's Friend is no longer carrying them. If you have 500-700 bones to spend and are in the market for a guitar, I would recommend these. I know, I know--you were thinking more like $200. But the only way you're going to score a guitar this good for $200 is to buy a vintage guitar on eBay that's in need of some major repair, in which case you A) need to know what you're doing, and B) are going to end up spending a few hundred dollars more anyway.